Opening Crawl: Queue Star Wars Theme
It is a dark time in the galaxy. The evil Galactic Empire has spread from the Deep Core to the Outer Rim, and everywhere the Empire’s tyranny can be felt.
Fleeing from the oppression of the Emperor’s minions, agents of Senator Bail Organa have run to a remote space station above Brentaal.
Known to be a vocal opponent of the Empire, Organa may be the last hope of freedom in the galaxy. In the hopes of stopping these dissidents before they can reach the Senator, the Empire has alerted its forces on Sel Zonn Station, where the struggle for liberty rages on, and the first sparks of rebellion have begun to burn. . . .
Night One Notes
- Orbiting the Core World of Brentaal the space station Sel Zonn is little more then a way point for weary travelers and cargo on its way into the black. It is here that the fates have seen fit to bring together six unlikely heros.
- Ever since the Empire brought in its own travel inspectors to Sel Zonn, transport on and off the station for non humans has become more difficult. Fathom, the Mon Calmari had seen anti human bias grow since the rise of the Empire but didn’t think it was ever going to get this bad. His friends Shorurra the Wookie and combat droid Ceefour had been waiting a week for clearance to leave the station. If they had to be stuck on Sel Zonn much longer they would have to start looking for work. No sooner had the thought crossed his mind when suddenly a commotion in the common area threw the little group into the gaping maw of fate.
- Maya, an undercover agent of Alderaan stumbles into the common area of Sel Zonn badly wounded and and crys for help offering credits in return. Seconds later, a team of Storm Troopers appears and continues their attack against Maya. The Mon Calmari, Combat Droid and Wookie spring to action.
- Close by, the Rodian named O’Deer G hears this, sees it as his ticket off this rock and joins in.
- Elsewhere, two mysterious figures (a Kel Dor and Zabrack) watch and influence the combat through more subtile means, afterwards following the group and Maya after defeating the attacking Stormtroopers.
O’Deer G – Rodian race
- The group follows Maya to her hiding place to regroup and heal. Introductions are made and promise of credits are made if they help Maya collect some “cargo” being held for her by a local information broker named Switch. The group agrees so long they get paid and can get off the station with Maya when she leaves.
- The Heroes meet with Switch, a protocol droid and local crime lord aboard Sel Zonn. After some careful negiotions, they learn the cargo is being held on Blue Deck, the heart of the Empire presence aboard the station. Switch thought it funny to hide this in plain sight as it were.
The group also accepts a job to transport some rare liquors to Alderaan for a small fee as well.
Things appear to go well until a rival Crime Lord appears to make a power play. The group quickly dispatches the threat and Switch awards them with a more credits.
- Returning to Maya, the group makes plans to collect the cargo on Blue Deck and works with Maya on timing their escape on her ship that is “in route”
- The group learns that local Storm Troopers are moving to investigate some mysterious cargo on Blue Deck causing their plans to speed up.
Combat Highlights: The tactics of the Storm Troopers are foiled by the mind tricks of Jedi Oberoon. O’Deer scores a few critical hits against the Storm Troopers, Fathom captures a small transport with a gun mount and net gun for future use and the Zabrack Jedi Neerta leaps through the cargo hold lightsaber in hand deflecting bolts and dropping Troopers like a pro.
- The Group escapes on The Banshee with all their cargo and retreat to Alderaan.
- Upon reaching Alderaan the group is introduced to Senator Bail Organna, a powerful member of the imperial senate whom has been working to undermine the rise of the Empire from the start. After rewarding the group for their assistance with the “cargo” which turned out to be a high ranking member of Organna security forces frozen in carbonite, Organna asked the group for help in future endeavors against the Empire. Agreeing, the party travels to Planet Felucia to rescue an Imperial Admiral looking to change sides, a human named Admiral Gilder Varth.
- In route to Felucia, the crew of the Banshee avoid confrontation with a Victory Class Star Destroyer but crash on the jungle planet leaving the Party to travel on foot to the secret Imperial prison facility.